Kris moe golf school
Started in 1995 and a Top 25 Golf School since 2008
Here's What We Do
You’re going to love coming to Napa for a golf school vacation. Spend a couple days with a top golf coach who played the PGA Tour and has over 40 years in the game to help you see, feel and play the game! Whether you're a beginning golfer or advanced player you'll gain more tools and understanding to play better golf enjoy yourself more in the process.
Kris will work with you to personalize a program to help you close the gap on your goals and you're classroom is in the Napa Valley.
- Review of day’s schedule
- I’ll want to know your personal goals
- Warm-up movements and stretching
- Learn the key dynamics of great impact and practice those on mini swings (chips and pitches)
- Learn the phases of the swing and how to best torque the shaft. Are your releasing the club in the right place and do you understand how to release the club and your body? You will.
- You”ll progressively hit longer and longer shots (eg 40, 60 yards and beyond) while we’re monitoring your ball flight. Kris may use doppler radar (Trackman) to help you associate distances to a feeling.
- You’ll start building higher energy swings with the longer clubs and we'll help you understand the various energy sources (eg leverage, body rotation etc.) and how well your timing is working in the swing.
12:30-1:15 Break for lunch
- We’ll usually go out and play on the golf course (sometimes we may spend some more time on the range). I’ll coach you to get the most out of your game by helping you make better choices with your shot selection. See the golf course from the eyes of an ex-PGA Tour player, you'll learn to stalk a shot (read the environment, listen to your body and notice how to leave yourself easier shots)
- A good routine helps us turn off our "thinking mind" and golf more freely.
3:00-I will leave you at this point but you may continue playing or cut out to wine taste
- Feedback and recap of previous day’s activities. Hoping you got a great night's sleep since sleep is huge for performance and learning.
- Warm-up with stretches. Kris will notice if you're tight and share specific stretches for that area.
- We'll dig deeper into what you need more repetitions on
- Believe or not at this time you’ll have a very good idea of what is creating your missed shots and have a pretty good idea of how to make the correct adjustments. At this point you are learning to monitor yourself more on your own and this leads to longer lasting improvement!
12:15- 1:00 Break for lunch
- Let’s play on the course and observe. For most of you we’ll still be in practice mode while on the course but we’ve taken a big step into performance mode and that step usually has mental complications which you’ll learn from.
- Kris will ask you to use your cell phone to record him making some videos to help you remember the keys to your golf school experience
3:00 I will leave you at this point but you may continue playing
When are the golf schools?
You can pick the days of the week if you are your own group (private, semi-private or small group) otherwise I try to offer them every Friday and Saturday.
Off-Season rates through February
This is a very popular program for couples or buddies. You’ll get the class to yourself. This cost is per person per day and includes 10:00 am -3:00 pm coaching and green fees
$450 a day per golfer
It's all you! You get Kris all to yourself and work on on the things you wish. You have choice of more time on the range or more time on the course with playing instruction. This cost is per person per day and includes 10:00 am -3:00 pm coaching and green fees
$700 a day
Up to 4:1
Make your own group of up to four or join a small group to and meet and learn with some other golfers. This cost is per person per day and includes 10:00 am -3:00 pm coaching and green fees
$325 a day per golfer
Unless you're booking your own private or semi-private class there are usually some upcoming classes you can join as a solo golfer.
We're big fans of MacArthur Place in Sonoma (15 minute drive to golf course) where through us you can get some great deals especially on the weekdays through the year. Sometimes as low as $225 a night for a a free upgrade to a suite!
In Napa and 10 minutes from the golf course we like to recommend Napa River Inn.
2555 Jameson Canyon Road
American Canyon, CA, 94503